Monday, July 15, 2013

Meet Priscilla


This statuette was a birthday gift to my sister, enough years ago that I've forgotten just how long. Needless to say, she wasn't really my sisters style. I semi-jokingly said I'd take her home with me. (Mind you this required a plane flight from Illinois.)  I don't know what it was about her that struck my fancy, but I named her Priscilla and she's been a fixture in my bathroom ever since that fateful November day when I agreed to take her off my sister's hands.
For the last 3 years, she's sat lonely and somewhat hidden on my powder room floor, near the toilet.  But thanks to the following picture on Pinterest, which provided me amazing inspriation for my new powder room: 

 awesome-polka-dot-walls
Priscilla is now the star of the show.  And she's gotten a fabulous makeover.  From her once silver repertoire, she is now the Lady in Red in my Behr Dark Granite (and soon to be white polka dotted powder room. 

2847891658_ORIG.jpeg

I've also put to good use some butterflies I inherited from Kenton's Grandmother.  They've also gotten a fresh coat of glossy red paint and are the co-stars of the room.

2847891655_ORIG.jpeg

No comments: