Thursday, September 11, 2008

Buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks . . . .

For those of you who don't know, I have the honor of working for a wonderful lady named Kay Green. Kay owns a business called My Precious Kid (www.mypreciouskid.com) which she started 7 years ago, in her home. Until June, she was almost exclusively an online merchant selling child safety and baby gear products. But business was picking up and we were significantly outgrowing our space in her home's basement so she decided to take the leap into renting an office space. We now have a storefront in downtown Hillsboro where we see multiple customer's a week face-to-face while still shipping out 30+ orders a day.
The perks of my job go far beyond the normal employee benefits package. I work with all Christian women. All of them mom's. I get to have the fellowship and support at work that I've always longed for but never been able to have. It has been a joy to watch this wise woman at work, making decisions that benefit her family, her employees, her business AND the Kingdom of God. I am learning so much from watching the other mom's as well. It has been a great time of healing and growth for me in so many ways.
Anyways, my whole point in writing this post is not only to introduce you to this great business that strives to protect our kids, but also to share with you some pictures from our most recent employee outting. Miss Kay, as we call her, was kind enough to purchase tickets for all of the employees and their families to take in a Portland Beaver's baseball game together, she even treated us to dinner. So, here are some pictures of my work, my co-workers and our fun night out at the Beaver's game. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Carrie said...

That is so awesome that you get to have such a neat job and co-workers! Looks like you all had a lot of fun at the game!